Building Information Modeling (BIM) is an organizational, philosophical, and strategic change that is often confusing to staff. BIM is not a software, though it is enabled by software. BIM is not a tool, though tools exist. BIM is not even a methodology in the true sense of the word. BIM is philosophy. How BIM is embraced within a firm is largely left up to those interpreting this philosophy into practice. Adding to traditional AEC practices, BIM enhances the engineering process by adding the dimensions of time, cost, spatial relationships, green needs, usability, and even the manufacture of component parts. BIM requires enormous data intensity and a devout adoption of new communication practices across a firm and its partners. The Global eTraining BIM library is designed to educate in all aspects of BIM including practices in various disciplines and job functions.
ONLINE DIPLOMA PROGRAM
Get Started Today!
Fill out the form below for FREE info.
I understand that by submitting this form, I consent to be contacted by email, phone, text message or any other form of communication by Digital School Technical Design College. My consent can be withdrawn at any time.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
- Utilize rapidly advancing BIM software such as Revit, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Navisworks, FormIt, BIM360, and more for multidisciplinary design projects
- Understand BIM concepts, technologies, processes, and application throughout the building lifecycle
- Learn and apply 2D and 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) skills
- Apply the practices and procedures of surveying, including developing plans, cross-sectional views, and contour maps
- Produce and modify 3D models from sketches, mark-ups and designs as required by the project team
- Understand the needs and requirements of various BIM stakeholders including architects, contractors, the owners team, and MEP & structural engineers
TRAIN WITH PROFESSIONAL SOFTWARE
Digital School students get access to Autodesk design software, creativity apps, and learning resources for FREE as part of their programs. It's not some watered-down version. It's the same software use every day by professional designers, engineers, architects, and more. Office 365 software is also available for free to all students to install on their devices, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and more. This gives you the flexibility to create anywhere, at any time.
Digital School students can choose a wide variety of career paths where companies rely on skilled technicians to help them produce and communicate design data in a range of work environments, including:
- Alberta high school diploma, verified by transcript, or non-Alberta equivalent. OR Successful completion of the General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.).
- And successful completion of Digital School Admissions interview.
Upon successful completion of all courses within the program, graduates will be awarded a Digital School Architectural Design Technology Diploma.
Upon completion of BIM courses within your BIM Technician Certificate program, you will be eligible to receive a Level 1 certification from Building Transformation (formerly CanBIM).
91% EMPLOYMENT RATE FOR GRADUATES
We focus specifically on the skills, tools, and experience you need to find a successful career. On average, 91% of our graduates find employment within 3 months of graduating.
OUR GRADUATES WORK
”It really was the flexibility of the program that sold me on it. Because it’s online, I am able to pursue the career that I want without having to pack up and move my family and if one of my kids is home sick from school, I don’t need to forgo my studies for that day. I definitely recommend the Architectural Design Technology program at Digital School because of the quality of education. So many programs and schools have gone online this past year… and Digital School has been offering online programming for years, so they’ve got it figured out.JENNIFER HANNAHDigital School Graduate