* From PayScale Canada
ONLINE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
Get Started Today!
Fill out the form below for FREE info.
I understand that by submitting this form, I consent to be contacted by email, phone, text message or any other form of communication by Digital School Technical Design College. My consent can be withdrawn at any time.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
- Utilize rapidly advancing BIM software such as Revit, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Navisworks, FormIt, BIM360, and more for multidisciplinary design projects
- Understand BIM concepts, technologies, processes, and application throughout the building lifecycle
- Learn and apply 2D and 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) skills
- Apply the practices and procedures of surveying, including developing plans, cross-sectional views, and contour maps
- Produce and modify 3D models from sketches, mark-ups and designs as required by the project team
- Understand the needs and requirements of various BIM stakeholders including architects, contractors, the owners team, and MEP & structural engineers
TRAIN WITH PROFESSIONAL SOFTWARE
Digital School students get access to Autodesk design software, creativity apps, and learning resources for FREE as part of their programs. It's not some watered-down version. It's the same software use every day by professional designers, engineers, architects, and more. Office 365 software is also available for free to all students to install on their devices, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and more. This gives you the flexibility to create anywhere, at any time.
Digital School students can choose a wide variety of career paths where companies rely on skilled technicians to help them produce and communicate design data in a range of work environments, including:
- Alberta high school diploma, verified by transcript, or non-Alberta equivalent. OR Successful completion of the General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.).
- And successful completion of Digital School Admissions interview.
Mature Admission Students must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Out of school for two years.
- Successful result on the Digital School Entrance Examination.
- Successful completion of the Digital School Admissions interview.
- A minimum score of 303 in the verbal skills portion and 294 in the quantitative skills portion of the Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam. (Grade 12 equivalent)
Upon successful completion of all courses within the program, graduates will be awarded a Digital School BIM Technician Certificate.
Upon completion of BIM courses within your BIM Technician Certificate program, you will be eligible to receive a Level 1 certification from Building Transformation (formerly CanBIM).
91% EMPLOYMENT RATE FOR GRADUATES
We focus specifically on the skills, tools, and experience you need to find a successful career. On average, 91% of our graduates find employment within 3 months of graduating.
OUR GRADUATES WORK
”Their teaching methods and the curriculum was a good fit because I was able to finish a BIM Technician program in one year. I excelled in my studies and finished as an Honours Graduate. After graduation, I immediately got job offers from three different companies. It is truly one of the best decisions I have ever made and I would highly recommend Digital School to my friends.JON MALIWATDigital School Graduate